Thursday 1 October 2009

Diary Entry Four

Thursday the first day of the month of October in the year of our Lord two thousand and nine

So the gig was cancelled last night in Stockport, as the owner of the Blue Cat Cafe in Stockport succesfully completed his transition from friendly, reasonable, rational venue owner in July; to gibbering, posturing, self contradicting bonehead in September. My heartfelt congratulations and indeed a measure of sympathy to the fellow for what must have been a difficult and confusing time. Unfortunate though this was, it did enable me to pay a visit to a friend in the borders of bonny Scotland. And it is here that i find myself scribing my journal. In perhaps a half of an hour I will be setting of to Glasgow for the final gig of this, the first leg of the UK tour. Having only ever encountered Glasgow in the novels of Irvine Welsh and the moving picture, Trainspotting, I am expecting to be confronted by an orgy of headbutting, savage violence and sordid drug activity. Thankfully my sore throat seems to have cleared up so I should be able to indulge in all of these. A bowl of fruity all bran was my fast breaker this morning, along with a handful of grapes which gets me one fifth of my way apparently towards my five a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment